Job Title: HR Administrator 2
Salary: $3731.87 min to $5239.87 midpoint
Status: Open Until Filled
For Best Consideration Date: January 17, 2023
Posting #: req22997
Contact: Leah Boetger, Search Coordinator, Lboetger@unm.edu
-For more information click this link -
Administers the day-to-day Human Resources (HR) activities of the College of University Libraries & Learning Sciences (CULLS), a non-departmentalized college composed of three main campus libraries (Fine Arts & Architecture, Centennial Science & Engineering, and Zimmerman) as well as UNM Press and the Organization, Information & Learning Sciences Program which is a degree-granting academic unit. CULLS employs over 200 employees including staff, faculty (both 9- and 12-month), adjunct faculty, and student employees.
The HR Administrator serves as the CULLS designated HR Agent and the direct operational liaison on day-to-day transactions (including staff, faculty and student) with the University's core offices. The HR Administrator ensures that all institutional HR strategies, services, programs, and initiatives are implemented and communicated throughout the CULLS. The HR Administrator also provides input into broad operational decision-making and supports a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. This position reports to the Department Administrator.
Provide support and guidance to line supervisors and managers regarding:
- Recruitment and employment/hiring procedures
- Performance management, review and recognition
Employee relations, including:
- leave and absence management
- investigation of misconduct and policy infractions
- progressive discipline management
- separation and termination
- Compensation and classification
Provide support and guidance to CULLS employees regarding:
- New employee orientation
- UNM employee benefits
- Training and development
- Job performance
- Career development
- Leave benefits management
- Referrals to employee services
Provide HR Administrative Support including:
- Hiring (contract faculty, staff, student employees and adjunct faculty, postdoctoral fellows, GA/TA/RA/PA), and student employees
- Employee orientation and on-boarding process
- Personnel transactions
- Internal procedure development
- Serve as primary liaison with UNM employment and compliance offices
- Preparation and submission of scheduled, ad hoc and special reports, analyses, assessments, and documentation
- Management and supervision of HR support staff, as appropriate
Bachelor's degree; at least 4 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Broad knowledge of human resources concepts, best practices, and procedures.
- Strong experience interpreting and implementing federal, state, and university statutes, laws, policies, agreements, guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to provide advice on supervisory methods and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of recruitment, hiring, and appointment skills and transactions.
- Strong independent decision-making skills and experience.
- Outstanding human relations skills, excellent judgment, and the ability to make frequent and sensitive decisions.
- Superior communication skills, including oral, written and interpersonal.
- Ability to support and foster effective working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a multi-dimensional office setting.
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.Required documents: resume and cover letter. Describe how you meet the preferred qualifications in your cover letter.