Job Title: Visiting Learning and Outreach Services Lecturer
Department: College of University Libraries and Learning Sciences (CULLS)
Best Consideration Date: For best consideration, please apply by 2/7/2024. This position will remain open until filled.
Salary posted: This is a full-time, visiting position with a term of two years, a minimum hiring salary of $52,000 and generous benefits.--CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION--
The University of New Mexico College of University Libraries and Learning Sciences (CUL&LS) seeks a collaborative, service-oriented, and innovative Learning and Outreach Services Librarian to support a dynamic library with a strong outreach and instruction program. The successful candidate will have a passion for teaching, be excited about providing instruction to lower-division undergraduates, and have a desire and ability to work in a service oriented, team-based environment.
This is a full-time, visiting position with a term of two years, a minimum hiring salary of $52,000 and generous benefits.Entry-level candidates are encouraged to apply. The salary is negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Prioritizing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization, CUL&LS strongly encourages interested candidates who are members of marginalized groups to apply.
Reporting to the Director of Instruction & Outreach in the University Libraries, the Learning and Outreach Services Librarian is an engaged member of the Learning and Outreach Services unit and is committed to the ethical and equitable access, use, and creation of information by learners at all levels. The Learning and Outreach Services Librarian will:
- Design, manage, implement, and assess library instructional services, including face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning opportunities, instruction sessions and workshops, and other approaches;
- Share information about library services with the UNM community and/or assigned academic departments;
- Participate in collection development activities as assigned;
- Update online library tutorials as necessary;
- Provide research consultation services;
- Work some evenings and weekends as required.
- An earned master's degree from an ALA-accredited library/information sciences program or equivalent by the time of hire.
- One semester of teaching experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of or experience teaching information literacy concepts and trends (e.g., the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy);
- Experience in instruction in face-to-face and online environments as well as presentation techniques and skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency with contemporary and emerging information technologies such as web authoring tools, social media, digital learning objects, and LibGuides;
- Experience providing reference services in an academic library;
- Ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to communicate in Spanish or an Indigenous language of the Southwest; and
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
Only applications submitted through the official UNMJobs site will be accepted. If you are viewing this job advertisement on a 3rd party site, please visit UNMJobs to submit an application.Required documents: CV and Cover Letter
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.