Position Title: Technical Services Librarian
Employee Classification: CC Librarian,III
College/Division: DACC Dona Ana CC
Department: 940760-DACC LIBRARY
Internal or External Search: External - Open to all applicants
Location: Doña Ana Community College
Offsite Location (if applicable):
Target Hourly/Salary Rate: $ 42,268.95 - $ 58,120, Commensurate with Qualifications
Appointment Full-time Equivalency: 1.0
Exempt or Non-Exempt: Exempt
Summary: DACC, a responsive, accessible, comprehensive, learning-centered community college that provides education opportunities to a diverse community of learners is inviting candidates to apply for the following vacant position
Manages one or more aspects of a library program area such as; public, technical, or access services. Accountable for quality, innovation and creative use of available resources in support of operations.
Classification Standard Duties:
Responsible for fund development through grant writing, annual appeals, planned giving, memorial programs, requests to municipalities, legislators and community service organizations. Directs and supervises the expenditure of library funds. Seeks to improve library services and collections in a fiscally responsible way. Pursues additional financial support for the library on a local, state and national level. Recommends, plans and implements library services and necessary changes in those services to keep current with needs and demands of the community. Evaluates the effectiveness of library services in relation to the needs of the community. Recommends and administers materials buying policies of the library. Prepares regular reports on current progress and future needs. Makes public appearances on behalf of the library; gives tours of the building when appropriate. Cooperates with other libraries to make effective use of funds and develop services. Takes responsibility for collection development and acquisitions, including weeding the collection. Administers various programs of the library. Makes selections of books for these programs. Keeps informed of academic and technological developments in the profession; attends professional meetings and conferences. Knows local, state and national laws that affect libraries and plays an active role in initiating and supporting beneficial library legislation. Attends meetings and workshops, local, county, state and national, necessary to the efficient, informed functioning of the library. All other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Certification/License, Equivalency
Required Education: Master's degree in a related field.; Required Experience: Three (3) years of professional experience related to the standard duties as outlined.; Equivalency: None; Required Certification/License:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of emerging technologies and their application to libraries is essential. Knowledge of and experience with excellent customer service skills is vital. Comprehensive knowledge of public library operations, aims and services.; SKILLS: Good communication skills, creative thinking, and talent for organization.; ABILITIES: Ability to meet people easily, to motivate others, and to work effectively with library staff and boards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides leadership and oversight for the DACC Library’s cataloging and acquisitions
• Works collaboratively with 4 professional staff to acquire, process and catalog the library’s physical and digital collections
• Shares oversight of the library’s online catalog, Ex Libris Alma, with other professional staff.
• Pull statistics from library databases for annual reports to NMSU Risk Management and national agencies (ACRL, IPEDS)
• Provide shelf lists for faculty and staff and departmental accreditation reviews.
• Liaisons with NMSU library technical services to troubleshoot electronic catalog display errors.
• Provide training in technical services to staff at DACC and other NMSU branch libraries, as needed.
• Support online discovery of library resources via the integrated library system (ILS) and associated products. Activities may include service configurations, integrations, migrations, upgrades, enhancements or other fixes; day to day management, maintenance, troubleshooting and user support.
• Maintain working knowledge of ILS technology, best practices, and proficiency in maintaining ILS systems.
• Teach library instruction sessions, create user guides, embed library content in LMS systems such as canvas, and create instructional videos and tutorials as needed.
• Serve on college and library committees as appropriate.
• Develops and maintains professional skills by participating in continuing education and professional development activities such as conferences, workshops, and committee work with professional library organizations.
• Provide research assistance in all disciplines at the reference desk and online via chat/text/email; may include evening and weekend hours.
• Participate as a collection development selector for assigned subject areas
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
- ALA accredited MLS or MLIS
Experience with the SpringShare platform
Experience in reference and instruction services
Experience working with outside parties such as materials vendors
Special Requirements of the Position
Department Contact: Kel Jaeger, 575-527-7552, email@example.com
Contingent Upon Funding: Not Applicable
Bargaining Unit Eligibility: This is NOT a bargaining unit position with American Federation of State, County & Municipal Employees (AFSCME).
Standard Work Schedule: Standard (M-F, 8-5)
If Not a Standard Work Schedule:
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Environment: Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Physical Effort: No or very limited physical effort required.
Lifting Requirements: Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds or some standing or walking.
Risk: No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
We are New Mexico’s land-grant institution and a comprehensive research university dedicated to teaching, research public service and outreach at all levels. NMSU is a welcoming community of talented faculty, staff and students who are working together to make a difference. We are a NASA Space Grant College, a Hispanic-serving institution (HSI), a minority-serving institution (MSI) and home to the first Honors College in New Mexico. We offer an accessible education that shapes bright futures.
NMSU provides learning opportunities to a diverse population of students and community members at four campuses, Cooperative Extension offices located in each of New Mexico’s 33 counties, 12 research and science centers, and through distance education.
For more information and to apply, click here.