Supporting: Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Phillips Research Site (PRS) Technical Library
Clearance: All qualified applicants will need to be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
Best Consideration Date: Until Filled
-Click this link for more information-
RIVA Solutions, Inc. is recruiting for a full-time Librarian to support the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Phillips Research Site (PRS) Technical Library located on Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
The Librarian position includes the full range of librarian duties and requires the ability to work independently while maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of staff and library customers. The Librarian must be able to think analytically and have effective verbal and written communication skills. The Librarian must have demonstrated experience of strong customer service.
Librarian duties to include:
- Provides reference services at the level of mediation requested by the customer to include referral to other base and DoD programs, and active participation in consortia, networks, resource sharing and cooperative activities. Will use available regional or national DoD sponsored bibliographic databases.
- Conducts database literature searches using appropriate commercial databases and open literature sources, documenting the search results for the requesting customer.
- Assists in collection development & maintenance activities, including inventory
- Provides scheduled daily coverage of the point of service desk with the ability to conduct basic circulation duties.
- Maintains and manages the integrated library system (ILS) including cataloging materials as needed.
- Instructs customers in the use of library resources.
- Participates in marketing and outreach activities.
- Assists with Document delivery service (DDS) and Interlibrary Loan services when needed.
- Utilizes knowledge of digitization methodology and electronic resources management best practices.
- Assists in maintaining library web presence, to include Sharepoint.
- Maintains relationships with electronic resources vendors.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program
- Minimum of one year experience in research or technical libraries
- Working knowledge of computers, Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office software.
Submit your application directly through the RIVA careers website.