Position: Assistant Director - Library
Department: Art and Culture
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $76,044.80 - $79,872.00 Annually
Best Consideration Date: 5/8/2023 11:59 PM Mountain
-Click here for more information-
Assist in the management of various activities and operations within the Library Division which may include, library system management, library branch management, library program coordination, support services, circulation management, fiscal services, technical services, digital services, and the Integrated Library System; coordinate assigned activities with other divisions and outside agencies and provide highly responsible and complex administrative support to the Associate Director, Library.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIESPreferred Knowledge
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Operational characteristics, services and activities of a library services program
- Principles and practices of library management
- Principles and practices of library program development and administration
- Principles and practices of municipal budget preparation and administration
- Modern office procedures, methods and equipment including computers and software programs including word processing and database management
- Principles of business letter writing and basic report preparation
- Principles and procedures of record keeping
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations
- Participate in the management of a library program
- Oversee, direct and coordinate the work of executive, management, professional and lower level staff
- Select, supervise, train and evaluate staff
- Participate in the development and administration of library division goals, objectives and procedures
- Assist in the preparation and administration of large program budgets
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals
- Research, analyze and evaluate new service delivery methods and techniques
- Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, laws and regulations
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Master's degree in library or information science from an American Library Association (ALA) certified institution; and
Five (5) years of library management experience; and
To include four (4) years supervisory experience.
Possession of a valid New Mexico Driver's License, or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
Possession of a valid City Operator's Permit (COP) within six (6) months from date of hire.
All applications must be submitted directly through the City of Albuquerque Careers Website.