Note: The Albuquerque/Bernalillo County Library is hiring for 2 Librarian positions and both close on February 1, 2023. The positions have separate requisition numbers, 2300940 and 2300938, and each requisition requires its own application.
Position Title: Librarian
Department: Arts & Culture
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary: $51,438.40 - $56,763.20 Annually
Best Consideration Date: 02/01/2023- Click Here For More Information -
Perform a wide variety of professional library work within an assigned area of library operations including acquiring, cataloging and circulating material for a specific function of the library; provide a wide variety of public services to library patrons including reference services, web services, circulation and research activities; maintain library collection including the cataloging of books, films, records and other materials; and participate in various special programs including children's programs, youth programs or library educational programs; may supervise, plan and coordinate the operations and activities of an assigned branch library or unit. May perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Operational characteristics of a public library
- Principles and practices of library science
- Modern office procedures, methods and equipment including computers
- Principles and procedures of record keeping
- Methods and techniques for conducting automated library reference and bibliographic searches
- Principles and practices of providing quality library patron services
- Assigned library services and functions
- Practices and techniques of library material classification and cataloging
- Principles and practices of a collection department
- Methods and techniques of creating, updating, and maintaining web pages and on-line services
- Provide a wide variety of public services to library patrons
- Assist patrons in locating library information
- Develop and conduct a search strategy
- Perform library circulation, cataloging and reference duties
- Perform library acquisition, cataloging and circulation duties
- Perform library duties related to web design and digital resources
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in library or information science from an American Library Association (ALA) certified institution; and Two (2) years of experience in an academic, public, school, special library, bookstore environment or information services field.
- Possession of a valid New Mexico Driver's License, or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
- Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within six (6) months from date of hire.
All applications must be submitted on the City of Albuquerque careers website.