Position Title: Government Information Librarian
Department: Department of Cultural Affairs
Employment Type: Full-Time
Salary: $24.11 - $38.58 Hourly | $50,155 - $80,248 Annually |This position is a Pay Band 70
Best Consideration Date: 02/16/2023 - Click Here For More Information -
The New Mexico State Library, established in 1929, is committed to providing leadership that promotes effective library services and access to information to all citizens of New Mexico. The State Library provides services that support public libraries as well as delivers direct library services to rural populations, state agencies, the visually impaired and physically disabled, and students and citizens conducting research. There are more than 2 million items in the State Library's collection!
As part of the Public Services Bureau, this position provides advanced or expert level government information services to library customers, as well as professional oversight of both the State Documents Depository Clearinghouse library system and collection, and the Federal documents New Mexico Shared Regional depository collection. The person in this position must demonstrate initiative and a strong customer service commitment. The person in this position provides leadership for and coordination of all aspects of the government depositories and collections by planning, organizing, and directing activities to develop, collect, maintain, and provide permanent public access to government publications. This position conducts complex research in order to respond to state and federal government information requests. This position promotes government information services and collections.
HOW DOES IT GET DONE?
- Provide expert, professional level government information reference service in order to provide access to information and guidance to information sources for the general public, scholars, NM libraries, and government agencies.
- Manage the selective and regional Federal depository collections to ensure current and future access to both physical and digital publications, focusing on the Four Corners region.
- Administer the State Documents Depository Clearinghouse to ensure that the public, librarians, and state employees have access to New Mexico state publications throughout the state via the network of 20 depository libraries.
WHO ARE THE CUSTOMERS?
- The general public, state agencies, and libraries statewide.
- Government documents depository and collections experience
- Knowledge of state and/or federal government documents depository programs
- Knowledge of or experience providing adult research and reference services in a library setting.
- Knowledge of or experience conducting complex library research.
- Master's degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association (or recognized by the appropriate body of another country) with two (2) years of experience in performing and providing advanced library technical operations, effective library and information services, plus cataloging experience and managerial experience. Substitutions Apply. See Substitution Table in the job posting.
Employment is subject to a pre-employment background investigation and is conditional pending results. Must possess and maintain a current Defensive Driving Course Certificate from the State of New Mexico or must pass and receive Defensive Driving Course Certification as a condition of continued employment. Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico Driver's License.
State of New Mexico employees may be impacted by the Public Health Order dated December 19, 2022, which requires facilities licensed or certified by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services ("CMS"), including all hospital types, long-term care facilities, nursing homes, hospice facilities and rehabilitation facilities, as well as assisted living facilities and adult day care settings, to adhere to all COVID-related requirements prescribed by CMS, including, but not limited to masking and staff vaccination.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to visual/video display terminals and extensive personal computer and phone usage. Some sitting, standing, bending and reaching is required. Occasional lifting and/orpushing of boxes or books weighing up to 40 pounds.
All applications must be submitted on the New Mexico State careers website.