Position: Reference Librarian
Type: Full Time
Department: Library Administration
Salary: $39,908.00 - $59,861.00 Annual
Best Consideration Date: Until Filled
-For more information click here -
The Reference Librarian shall be responsible to the Director of Library Services. Duties and responsibilities shall be, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist students, faculty, staff, and community patrons with information resources and research.
- Maintain library technology, resolve subscription database issues; assist computer services staff with library network as needed.
- Perform reference desk functions.
- Develop, schedule, and conduct library bibliographic instruction sessions.
- Track and compile electronic resource usage statistics for subscription evaluation and required state, federal, and library association reports.
- Evaluate library holdings; make recommendations for acquisition and withdrawal of materials.
- Collaborate with faculty to coordinate acquisition of appropriate library resources in support of curriculum and programs.
- Oversee library email account; answer reference questions, process material/service requests.
- Assist in maintaining content, and developing new content for the library web page.
- Place library print book and electronic resource orders.
- Perform circulation desk functions.
- Participate in promotion/marketing of library resources and services to the College community.
- Keep current with modifications to library and College policies and procedures; attend training as required to adjust to changes.
- Participate in College committees and councils, attend meetings as required.
- Work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Nothing contained herein shall limit the President in assigning the employee to any of the various College activities for which he/she would be qualified in order to meet the needs of New Mexico Junior College.
Master’s Degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited institution. Three (3) years of experience in a library environment, preferably with technical experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
This is a twelve-month exempt position. Standard NMJC benefits apply
To apply, submit an NMJC application form online and attach the following: letter of interest, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three references.