The New Mexico Library Association Board is seeking an Administrative Assistant to manage the administrative affairs of the Association. Please send a one page cover letter of interest, resume and 3 references by email to: Dean P. Smith President New Mexico Library Association firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Assistant New Mexico Library Association Qualifications:
● Familiarity with general office practices and procedures, either through formal training or equivalent experience.
● Computer literate, with demonstrated proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet programs, and Zoom platform.
● Strong customer service skills required.
● Must possess good organizational skills, good interpersonal skills and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
● Previous work experience in a library preferred but not required.
● Familiarity with Wild Apricot and/or other financial/bookkeeping software preferred
● Applicant must be bondable.
● This position is for an independent contractor who must use their own equipment and supplies to carry out the duties of the position.
Reports to: NMLA executive Board
Hours: 10 hours per week, up to 20 hours during annual conference
Salary: $5000 annually
Responsibilities: 1. Maintain communication between NMLA members and the board as well as between those associated with NMLA (i.e. vendors, conference presenters), primarily through phone, fax, official NMLA emails, and through Wild Apricot. Employ voice messaging and texting to approximate real time response during business hours. A separate phone line will be answered “New Mexico Library Association”.
2. Knowledge of social media platforms used by the association to post information in conjunction with the Communications Committee when necessary.
3. Check mail in PO Box bimonthly, and daily prior to the annual conference.
4. Route all communications promptly to appropriate persons within NMLA.
5. Assist treasurer, membership, and committee chairs with board approved tasks.
6. Attend Executive Board meetings to be knowledgeable about NMLA business.
7. Keep NMLA webmaster informed on any changes of NMLA documents that are also maintained on the NMLA website.
8. Assist Members-At-Large with mini-conference arrangements, if scheduled; e.g. registrations and communication with members and vendors.
9. Maintain a current list of active and potential library-related vendors and their contact information. Communicate with vendors and solicit vendor registrations and support prior to conferences.
10. Assist conference chairs with duties and tasks associated with the conferences; e.g., pre-conference registration, Zoom meeting moderation, exhibitor relations, collection and deposit of booth fees into NMLA accounts, forwarding paperwork to proper individuals, ensuring exhibitor’s legal requirements and logistical needs are met.
11. Conference on-site management services include liaison with venue operators, exhibitors, and the NMLA officers, members, and attendees.
12. Other duties as assigned by the NMLA Board
Administrative Assistant Job Description.pdf