240: Members at Large
1. Members at Large shall serve for two years. (Article X, Section 3)
2. Members at Large shall attend and vote at meetings of the Executive Board. (Article X, Section 3)
3. Members at Large shall perform such duties as may be required in preparation for the miniconference(s) that coincides with his/her year term.
4. The Members at Large shall be the liaison contacts for special interest groups. (Article XV, Section 3)
5. The Members at Large shall be prepared to undertake any special task that the President may assign, and be especially active in membership promotion.
6. The Members at Large shall be the Program Chairs for the mini-conference(s).
7. The Members at Large may plan educational activities.
8. The Members at Large shall maintain the assigned copy of the Procedural Handbook in good order, consulting the chair of the Bylaws & Procedures Committee about anything in it that may seem to be insufficient, inconsistent or incorrect. The Handbook should be correct and up-to-date when passed on to the succeeding Members at Large.
Calendar of Specific Duties
Executive Board Meetings
Prepares a report for presentation at quarterly meetings of the Executive Board regarding the status of the interest group(s).
Begin mini-conference program planning. Notifies Executive Board of suggested program theme. Assists interest groups in meeting their goals.
Prepares tentative mini-conference(s) program and budget. Confers with Treasurer to outline total mini-conference(s) budget. Assist interest groups as needed.
Brings tentative theme and registration fees to the first Board meeting for approval by the Executive Board. Prepares announcement including mini-conference(s) date and program theme for the Newsletter.
Continues conference planning. Prepares mini-conference(s) registration materials to be mailed to members one month in advance of mini-conference date. Presents a complete conference program at second Board meeting. Continue to support interest group(s).
The mini-conference(s) here and now!
Continue to assist interest group(s) in conference planning and in meeting their goals. Begin planning for next year’s mini-conference(s).