Please click on the link below for information on part-time Library Clerk position(s) currently available at the new Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM) Library in Las Cruces. Scroll down on the webpage to review the detailed posting and information on how to apply if interested:
|Job Description Summary||Summary:
This position is a member of the SJC Library reference team and responsible for providing reference, instruction, cataloging and other services to students, faculty and staff.
|Duties & Responsibilities||MAJOR DUTIES:
• Provides library reference service and assistance for faculty, staff, students and the general public.
• Provides research and information literacy instruction for all college disciplines; prepares and delivers presentations in classroom settings; demonstrates the use of library sources and research techniques.
• Performs original descriptive cataloging and assists with the processing of library materials.
• Assists with collection management and development.
• Develops and maintains library support services and resources for online classes.
• Performs circulation desk duties; checks materials in and out; collects library fines and other fees; adds and edits student, faculty, staff and public user information to library records.
• Assists in the maintenance of the library website and the library’s social media presence.
• Prepares and maintains library usage statistical data and reports.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
For more information, please see https://sanjuancollege.peopleadmin.com/postings/2030
New Mexico State University Grants Campus has a full-time (40 hours per week, M-F varied hours 8-7), job opening for Library Services Director I. Salary: Level 8 and commensurate with qualifications and experience with benefits. Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or a related field; 5 years of professional experience. Prefer: Knowledge of emerging information technologies and their application to libraries; a positive customer service philosophy and commensurate skills interacting with faculty, staff, students and community library users; supervisory experience with staff and students including hiring, scheduling, and motivational incentives.
Submission of application is fully online at: https://jobs.nmsu.edu. Deadline for applications is Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. For information on the online application process contact Janie Gutierrez, (505) 287-6625, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NMSU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. Women and Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent on the University’s verification of credentials, individual’s eligibility for employment in the United States and other information required by federal law, state law, and NMSU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a criminal history check.View Post